With technology speeding up, more and more young people begin to use mobile phones and the Internet, but old people have little chance to be exposed to them. What ways could mobile phone and the Internet is useful to old people? How do old people be encouraged to use this new technology?
1. Some people think old ages are valuable, while other think youth is more useful, what is your opinion? and discuss both views
2. Old generations often hold some traditional ideas on the correct way of live, think and behave. Most people argue that it is not helpful for the young generations to learn from old preparing for modern life in the future. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Today more and more young children have mobile phones. Critics say that this is a negative development. Do you agree or disagree? What is your own opinion?
4. Some groups of people benefited from the modern communications technology but some people have not benefited at all. Do you agree or disagree.
It is obvious that advanced technologies such as cellular phones or the net not only bring a lot of fun to youngsters who are always passionate to novel things, but also have an important effect on the life of senior citizens who would like to keep the pace of the age.
Today, mobile phones are increasingly popular with old people. Unlike young people who fancy playing games or taking photos with phones, they seem to be most interested in their most basic function-communication. It is easily found that keeping in touch by mobiles with their children who live independently or study overseas has become a necessary thing in their routines. Plus, if some of old people feel physically uncomfortable or get in danger outdoors and alone, they immediately make an emergency call or inform their relatives or friends using mobile phones.
The Internet is equally important with mobile phone in old people’s life now. Apparently, some elderly tend to surf on Internet, studying something that they are fascinated with such as calligraphy , painting and so forth; some like to meet new people online or chat with their friends by tools available on Internet such as MSN or QQ; others become accustomed to shopping online or running their own small businesses by E-bay.
However, I must confess that some old people are afraid to try new technologies probably because they do not yet have understood or experienced them. In avoid of this, they should be encouraged to take part in some activities that are held in their community with the aim of educating them about how to use or see the new technologies. In the meanwhile, they are really supposed to be a bit more confident.（标粗为论点）
1. It is obvious that advanced technologies such as cellular phones or the net not only bring a lot of fun to youngsters who are always passionate to novel things, but also have an important effect on the life of senior citizens who would like to keep the pace of the age.
解析：It is obvious that为主语从句，it为形式主语，that后面是真正的主语。Not only…but also为并列结构，youngsters who are always passionate to novel thing为定语从句，senior citizens who would like to keep the pace of the age为定语从句。Advanced先进的，passionate to对…充满激情。
2. It is easily found that keeping in touch by mobiles with their children who live independently or study overseas has become a necessary thing in their routines.
解析：It is easily found that…为主语从句，keeping in touch by mobiles with their children为现在分词作主语，their children who live independently为定语从句。Keep in touch保持联系，keep in touch with与…保持联系
3. I must confess that some old people are afraid to try new technologies probably because they do not yet have understood or experienced them.
解析：confess that后接宾语从句，because…后接原因状语从句。Be afraid of害怕，担心。Confess的同义词有：acknowledge，admit, recognize, concede