Some people think the qualities a person needs to become successful in today’s world cannot be learned at a university or similar academic institution. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Some people failed in school but end up being successful in the future life，why do you think it is the case and what is the most important factor for success in life？
2. Ambition is an important characteristic of people. How important is it for people to make success in life? Is it a positive or negative characteristic for success?
3. Competitiveness is seen as a positive feature in many modern societies. What impact does it have on an individual? Is it a positive or negative quality?
4. Nowadays children have fewer responsibilities then earlier. Some people tell that it is positive development, others consider that it is negative trend. Write both sides and add your own opinion.
As the modern world is rapidly developing, the qualities that a person requires to succeed are in increase. Accordingly, a great number of people conclude that higher education offered by universities and institutions cannot help people learn good qualities ensuring their success. However, that conclusion should be viewed questionable if more aspects are taken into consideration.
To begin with, it is an undeniable fact that knowledge, absorbed from college education, is of great significance to one’s success. Rich academic resources and diverse teaching facilities are within students’ easy reach, which will surely facilitate study efficiency. Universities and academic organisations are the most ideal places for people to develop their academic and research abilities.
Additionally, mental well-being is another important factor that a person struggling for a promising future can achieve through university life. Mental health is playing an increasingly important role in one’s road to success due to more and more pressure imposed by modern life. Thus, the impact of one’s psychology on his or her realisation of dreams cannot be neglected. Various psychological classes and professional advice, provided by schools and institutions, are available to all the students, thereby promoting their psychological soundness.
Lastly, a diversity of skills such as communication, cooperation and so forth can also be acquired by way of participation in extracurricular activities held by academic organizations. Communication skills is a facilitator of establishing a good relationship with friends and strangers. Similarly, teamwork spirit is beneficial to cooperation in a big project. Those skills or abilities are, surely enough, essential to one’s successful future.
As analysed above, a conclusion can be safely arrived at that a majority of qualities, indispensable to one’s future success, can be learnt in colleges or academic organisations. Without necessary learning and training, people’s dreams might never be achieved and their loss will be disastrous.（标红为核心论点）
1. As the modern world is rapidly developing, the qualities that a person requires to succeed are in increase.
解析：as引导时间状语从句；rapidly表示猛烈地，常用于数据类小作文中表示幅度，等同于markedly， dramatically等；the quality that a person requires to succeed为定语从句。
2. Accordingly, a great number of people conclude that higher education offered by universities and institutions cannot help people learn good qualities ensuring their success.
解析：accordingly意为于是，因此，此处用法为副词置于句首构成状语前置； a great number of意为大量的；conclude that后接宾语从句；offered by universities and institutions为过去分词作后置定语的用法，修饰higher education； ensure意为确保。
3. To begin with, it is an undeniable fact that knowledge, absorbed from college education, is of great significance to one’s success.
解析：it is an undeniable fact that…后接同位语从句，undeniable意为无可否认的；absorbed from college education为过去分词作后置定语修饰knowledge；be of great significance意为有重大意义的。
4. Various psychological classes and professional advice, provided by schools and institutions, are available to all the students, thereby promoting their psychological soundness.
解析：psychological意为心理的、精神上的； provided by schools and institutions依旧为过去分词作后置定语； be available to意为可被…利用； thereby意为从而，promoting their psychological soundness为状语的用法。