Arguments for zoos:
1.Preserve the rare species/endangered animals/wildlife. The habitats of some animals are being destroyed and therefore they are in real danger of dying out. Provide better conditions and professional care and treatment.
2. Act as an ideal scientific research center. Conduct experiments.
3. Play an educational role. Enrich our knowledge and widen our horizon.
4. As a tourist attraction, zoos boost the local tourism and generate tourist dollars by attracting people for a visit.
5. As a place of entertainment and recreation.
Arguments for tourism:
1. Boost the local economy, increase the government revenue, earn foreign currency and improve the living standard of the locals. Relieve the pressure of unemployment.
2. Enhance mutual understanding, remove hostility and prejudice, promote good will and strengthen ties. Maintain world peace.
3. Showcase the brilliant culture and glorious history. Promote cross-cultural communication. Improve the image of a place. Increase reputation and upgrade the status in the international community.
4. Improve the living environment and better the basic facilities. Increase investment in infrastructure.
5. Improve the quality of the locals. Expose them to the outside world. Widen their vision and develop a broader mind.